Resources for Workers¶
COVID-19 responses by the government and our employers mean major impacts will be felt by workers in Canada.
Here are some resources that will help navigate some of the issues.
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus disease 2019) is the name of the disease.
- SARS-CoV-2 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2) is the name of the virus that causes the disease.
- Canadian public health update page
- Canadian government travel advisories and information
- Public Health Ontario information page
- Ontario government updates
- Toronto Updates
- Community Legal Education Ontario COVID-19 legal site
- Emergency child care act
- Emergency child care: who qualifies
Union COVID-19 resource links¶
- CUPE's General occupational guidelines for COVID-19
- Unifor resource page
- PSAC know your rights page
- United SteelWorkers resource page
- Ontario Council of Hospital Unions resources for health care members
- Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and Flight Attendants
- OPSEU resource page
- CUPE H&S Report on quarantine
- Cleaning vs. disinfecting for home
- COVID-19 union response brief and discussion points for planning | CPress.org
- This Coronavirus Is Unlike Anything in Our Lifetime, and We Have to Stop Comparing It to the Flu | ProPublica
- Broadbent Institute Resources and Responses to COVID–19
- Full benefits information compiled by Jennifer Robson